If you're used to the old backpack.tf interface you remember, don't panic! Everything you can do on the old interface, you can do here, plus more. It may take a little bit to get used to, but it's worth it, we promise.
This ain't just a redesign. Many new community-requested features have made it into this new interface. There's a great new way to access our item statistics, and many new bits of information have been brought to the forefront.
The Filter Bar
This replaces the item filter modal, which was the main way to build a search on the old interface. Several new filters have been added for various search sections. Try it in action on the new Aggregations pane.
On the Classifieds, there are many new filtering tools. Use the Ignore List to selectively hide users from your searches, or use the Source filter to hide listings from Bots, and vice versa.
Some new leitmotifs
- Items can now always be clicked on. Clicking an item will do different things depending on context. This will make casual browsing way faster once you get used to the new interface.
- Listings and items now have their own dialogs. Try clicking an item for a listing, and then click it again.
- If you are looking for the 'Stats' button to find the old-style stats page, click the item's price on the popover instead.
Where's the Unusuals pricelist?
The new Items list now covers it. You can filter by Quality, Class and Slot, and these filters will be remembered upon return to the page.
The pricelist also now contains virtually every item in our price index without any compromises, if you want to find items that way.
Fundamental issues with the effects list have been solved, and you've never ever seen it load faster. Also integrated are filters to help you find effects only available to certain slot types.
I want more options on the filter bar by default.
You can set it to whatever you want to.
This button is always in the left-hand navigation bar.
Where's the SteamRep/VAC/Trade Ban status?
It's still there! This information is simply just not displayed if there are no bans to report.
How do I add and remove listings?
The fastest way is to use the button in the top navigation bar. All untradable items are filtered out, and you can list many items at once.
Mass-adding multiple items of a certain type is easy: just set the filters, and hit 'Select All'.
My Listings now contains the controls for you to mass-remove listings.
How do I tag an item?
These options have been moved to the item history dialog. Just click on it.
You can now use any color to tag your items, and tags will also appear on your classifieds listings.
Why redesign it?
- This new interface consumes way less bandwidth after initial load, so it should be way faster on a slow connection.
- The old interface has some fundamental issues that makes it unpleasant to change.
- This isn't just a redesign! Many new features, including popular userscripts, have been integrated.
- We really don't have anything better to do.
If you are still too unsure, you can still use the old interface for a bit. This will remain for only as long as feedback is given. When there are no more missing use cases reported by users, this interface will be removed.